***Spoiler Alert*** These Questions Contain Spoilers
1. Examine the two different relationships Sigrun has with Jae and Khalon. How are they different? How are they similar? Is one better or worse for Sigrun than the other?
2. Does the absence of Sigrun's mother affect her? If so, how? How is she with other women, such as her girlfriends and other mother-like characters?
3. Did any characters surprise you? Did any of them do something you didn't see coming? Became someone you didn't expect?
4. The characters all have animal features, whether it is their wings or body type. How do the physical features manifest in their roles and/or personalities?
5. During the course of the story Sigrun receives many gifts, from many different people. Are the gifts symbolic in any way? Do they reflect on the nature of those specific relationships?
6. Discuss the relationship, or lack thereof, between Sigrun and her brother. Do you think that dynamic influenced her other relationships in any way?
7. Do you agree with how Sigrun ultimately “resolved” things with Merik? Would you have done anything differently?
8. Discuss the loss of Sigrun's father. Baron was a healer and a wise man with foresight. Who has taken these roles now, or do they remain unfilled?
9. How are the lines of good and evil blurred? Are the majority of the characters capable of both? Are there any that are exclusively one or the other?
10. Sigrun's real power is revealed in the end, but her father gave her the pendant in the beginning. Do you think he knew what she was capable of when he gave it to her? Do you think he knew how it was going to end between his children?
11. Sigrun is given a crown at the end, and made Queen. Do you think she is ready for this responsibility? Why was this honor given to her? Does she really deserve it?
12. What are Sigrun's strength's? What are her weaknesses?